Residential Service Electrician
Kalos is currently hiring Residential Service Technicians to support our residential and light commercial HVAC operations in Central Florida. We are seeking experienced, licensed electricians who are comfortable working with the electrical components of HVAC equipment.
Responsibilities of the job include troubleshooting electrical problems, communicating with customers and other employees clearly, and following local electrical codes. This job is a full-time position with benefits. These benefits include life, dental, and health insurance, 401(k) matching, and a unique employee assistance program.
Where Is work performed?
Greater Central Florida area (within about an hour of the Kalos office)
Who does this position report to?
Residential Manager – Sam Behncke
What current locations of residence do we consider?
We consider people who live within 40 miles of the Kalos office in Clermont, FL.
What is the pay range for this position?
$28.00 per hour
What travel requirements are there for this position?
Travel will be local, and the company pays for transportation costs.
What days / times would the schedule be for this position?
Day shift with an occasional need for flexible hours
Is overtime expected?
Overtime is likely during peak seasons, with fair compensation. You will be paid at 1.5x your usual hourly rate for all hours worked beyond 40 per week.
What are the physical requirements?
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Must have the tools of the trade
- Must have a valid and relatively clean driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be a licensed electrician (or be on the way to becoming one)
- Must be able to lift, kneel, climb, and crouch for periods of time
- Must understand and follow OSHA and company safety guidelines
- Must be able to speak, write, and read in English (bilingualism is a plus)
What skills are required?
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of state electrical and safety codes
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organization skills
- Basic computer literacy
What are some of the key attributes?
- Able to complete jobs in a clean, professional, and aesthetically-pleasing manner
- Able to provide solutions with minimal disruption to customers
- Strong attention to detail
- High personal integrity
- Being a team player
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
What is the key mindset for success in this role?
When we look for an electrician or HVAC service technician, we look for people who are natural problem solvers; these people love tackling challenges and making our customers’ lives better as a result. The ideal job candidate has a good eye for detail, is able to support a team, has a sense of urgency, and is a phenomenal communicator and troubleshooter. Most of all, they know how to do a dangerous job safely and adhere to all company, state, and federal safety protocols.
When does this role need to be filled?
We will be taking applications and doing interviews at the Kalos job fair on May 21st.
Kalos’s residential service technicians are trusted throughout the Central Florida area to repair broken HVAC systems and optimize their performance. Our technicians show pride in their work and are committed to getting everything right the first time. If you want to join our team, we ask that you take the work as seriously as they do and show the same commitment to customer satisfaction. Kalos is a place where people build their futures, and we would be honored to help you grow with our organization by joining our residential service team today.