Kalos is hiring General Handypersons with carpentry experience. General Handypersons will assist with punch work around the shop and perform carpentry tasks on projects. You’ll mostly stay in the Central Florida area, but we may occasionally need you to assist with construction jobs. In cases where statewide travel is necessary, we will help reimburse those travel costs as needed.
We are seeking applicants who have worked as finish carpenters before or who have the skills required to succeed as a finish carpenter. This is a full-time position with benefits. These benefits include life, dental, and health insurance, 401(k) matching, and a unique employee assistance program.
Where Is work performed?
Work is mostly performed on Kalos property and in the Central Florida area.
Occasional travel throughout the state of Florida may also be required (we expect statewide travel to be approximately 25% or less of your workload). Some of our larger projects across the state include big-box retail stores.
Who does this position report to?
Warehouse Manager – Mario Suffi
What current locations of residence do we consider?
Within a 40-mile radius of the Kalos office at 236 Hatteras Avenue in Clermont, FL.
What is the pay range for this position?
$30.00 per hour
What travel requirements are there for this position?
Most travel will be local, though up to 25% of the travel may be statewide.
What days / times would the schedule be for this position?
Day shift with an occasional need for flexible hours
Is overtime expected?
Overtime is possible on occasion. You will be paid at 1.5x your usual hourly rate for all hours worked beyond 40 per week.
What are the physical requirements?
- 5+ years of experience in construction or carpentry (as a career or hobby)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Must be able to lift, kneel, climb, and crouch for periods of time
- Must be willing to use ladders or work in high places
- Must be able to speak, write, and read in English (bilingualism is a plus)
- Must currently possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation
- Must understand and follow OSHA and company safety guidelines
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
What skills are required?
- Must be able to read plans and specifications
- Knowledge of all aspects of finish carpentry, including:
- Installing or repairing floors
- Installing doors and windows
What are some of the key attributes?
- Comfort and confidence in working with your hands
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work on carpentry projects without supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High personal integrity
What is the key mindset for success in this role?
A general handyperson is flexible and knowledgeable, able to work on a variety of projects around the warehouse and even on our commercial projects. The type of person we aim to hire is confident working with their hands, understands and follows safety procedures, and can be trusted to do a job well without constant supervision. Kalos is a growth-oriented company, and we are seeking serious applicants who want to work in a positive and productive workplace.
When does this role need to be filled?
We will be taking applications and doing interviews at the Kalos job fair on May 21st.
The Kalos warehouse is truly the heart of our organization. The people who work in the warehouse and around the property are integral to our operation, so we look for strong candidates with a good work ethic. Apply today if you would like to help out with the hands-on tasks at our HQ and assist the other members of Team Kalos.